Microsoft is about to release one of the biggest Windows 11 updates ever. I’m talking about the Windows 11 22H2 update. But the 22H2 update is already available to Windows 11 Insiders. And today, Microsoft released Windows 11 Build 22621.317 to Insiders in the Release Preview channel for Windows 11 version 22H2. The new build contains several improvements. Let’s find out what’s new in Windows 11 Build 22621.317.
Microsoft has been testing the upcoming 22H2 update for a long time and it was released on the Release Preview channel in June. Later, in the last week of June, it received an incremental update with build 22621.169. And now Windows 11 version 22H2 is getting its second update in the release preview channel as Windows 11 build 22621.317 (KB5015885). If you don’t know. Microsoft will release Windows 11 22H2 at an upcoming event this year.
The new Windows 11 build 22621.317 does not contain new features, but it does contain many improvements. You can check the full changelog below,
Changelog Windows 11 Build 22621.317
This update includes the following improvements:
- Fixed an issue that caused the troubleshooters to not open.
- We fixed an issue that could increase game latency when using vertical sync (VSync or v-sync).
- We fixed an issue impacting the ProjectionManager.StartProjectingAsync API and preventing certain language settings from connecting to Miracast receivers.
- Fixed an issue that caused Smart App Control to lock directory-signed files.
- We fixed an issue where the Take the Test app would remove all force block policies when you closed the app.
- We fixed an issue where photos taken with the Camera app could be severely distorted. This issue occurs when certain cameras are used in certain low light conditions.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an exception when debugging drivers with Visual Studio 2022 version 17.2 or later.
- We fixed an issue that caused the Windows Profile Service to crash from time to time. The failure may occur when logging in. Error message: “The gpsvc service failed to log on. Access denied”.
- We fixed an issue that caused virtualized App-V Office apps to not open or become unresponsive.
If you are a Windows 11 Insider in the Release Preview channel and are already on build 22H2, you will receive this new build 22621.317 on your PC. You can also check for updates manually in Settings > Windows Update. And once you click Check for Updates, it will present a new build that you can download and install on your computer.