Ventoy is an open source tool to create bootable USB drive for ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files. With Ventoy, you don’t need to format the disk over and over, you just need to copy the ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)EFI files to the USB drive and boot them directly. You can copy many files at a time and ventoy will give you a boot menu to select them. Both Legacy BIOS and UEFI are supported in the same way. Most type of OS supported (Windows/WinPE/Linux/Unix/Vmware/Xen…)
- 100% open source
- Simple to use
- Fast (limited only by the speed of copying iso file)
- Directly boot from ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI file, no extraction needed
- Legacy + UEFI supported in the same way
- UEFI Secure Boot supported (since 1.0.07+)
- Persistence supported (since 1.0.11+)
- MBR and GPT partition style supported (1.0.15+)
- WIM files boot supported (Legacy + UEFI) (1.0.12+)
- IMG files boot supported (Legacy + UEFI) (1.0.19+)
- Auto installation supported (1.0.09+)
- File injection supported (1.0.16+)
- ISO files larger than 4GB supported
- Native boot menu style for Legacy & UEFI
- Most type of OS supported(Windows/WinPE/Linux/Unix/Vmware/Xen…), 550+ iso files tested
- Not only boot but also complete installation process
- ISO files can be listed in List mode/TreeView mode
- Linux vDisk boot supported (vdi/vhd/raw)
- “Ventoy Compatible”concept
- Plugin Framework
- Menu Alias/Menu Style/Customized Menu supported
- USB drive write-protected support
- USB normal use unaffected
- Data nondestructive during version upgrade
- No need to update Ventoy when a new distro is released
Ventoy 1.0.89 changelog:
Fix the issue that VTOY_LINUX_REMOUNT can not work in new linux kernel.
Fix the issue that Ventoy2Disk_X64.exe can not run under altexe directory.
Fix the issue that VentoyPlugson_X64.exe exit silently.
Add missing /FS option for Ventoy2Disk.exe in Windows command line mode.
Ventoy2Disk.exe automatically change current directory when started from other directory.
Add tip message when theme file contains non-enclosed literal values. (#2166)
Ignore reserved space when do non-destructive installation via GUI. (#2168)
Fix the menu missing issue when there exist an invalid vlnk file. (#2228)
See https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_news.html for detail.
About Ventoy Subscription Service
Ventoy is an open source software under GPLv3 license. But Ventoy project need to pay for the server hosting, domain name, bandwidth, many USB sticks for test, large capacity of HDD (for downloading ISO files) and so on. For the better and sustainable development of Ventoy, I provide the subscription service.
For details please refer: https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_subscription.html
Download: Ventoy 1.0.89 | 15.9 MB (Open Source)
Download: Ventoy Live CD | 187.0 MB
Link: Ventoy Home Page | Project Page @GitHub
Leave a Reply