Ventoy is an open source tool to create bootable USB drive for ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files. With Ventoy, you don’t need to format the disk over and over, you just need to copy the ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)EFI files to the USB drive and boot them directly. You can copy many files at a time and ventoy will give you a boot menu to select them. Both Legacy BIOS and UEFI are supported in the same way. Most type of OS supported (Windows/WinPE/Linux/Unix/Vmware/Xen…)
- 100% open source
- Simple to use
- Fast (limited only by the speed of copying iso file)
- Directly boot from ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI file, no extraction needed
- Legacy + UEFI supported in the same way
- UEFI Secure Boot supported (since 1.0.07+)
- Persistence supported (since 1.0.11+)
- MBR and GPT partition style supported (1.0.15+)
- WIM files boot supported (Legacy + UEFI) (1.0.12+)
- IMG files boot supported (Legacy + UEFI) (1.0.19+)
- Auto installation supported (1.0.09+)
- File injection supported (1.0.16+)
- ISO files larger than 4GB supported
- Native boot menu style for Legacy & UEFI
- Most type of OS supported(Windows/WinPE/Linux/Unix/Vmware/Xen…), 550+ iso files tested
- Not only boot but also complete installation process
- ISO files can be listed in List mode/TreeView mode
- Linux vDisk boot supported (vdi/vhd/raw)
- “Ventoy Compatible” concept
- Plugin Framework
- Menu Alias/Menu Style/Customized Menu supported
- USB drive write-protected support
- USB normal use unaffected
- Data nondestructive during version upgrade
- No need to update Ventoy when a new distro is released
Ventoy 1.0.60 changelog:
Fix some BUGs when do non-destructive installation with GPT disk. Now 1.0.59 release is deprecated.
Add non-destructive installation support in Linux Ventoy2Disk.sh. Notes
Optimization for Ventoy2Disk.exe. Use powershell as an alternative when VDS is unavailable.
Document: About GRUB2 Mode
Help information language update
Ventoy 1.0.61 release
- Fix some BUGs when do update after non-destructive installation.
- Before non-destructive installation in Windows, use chkdsk to fix the volume if needed.
- Add dir option in menu_tip plugin. Notes
See https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_news.html for detail.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware