Universal Media Server is a DLNA compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was launched by SubJunk, the official developer of PMS, to provide more stability and file compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no setup. It runs on MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and others which together provide support for a wide range of media formats. Because Universal Media Server is written in Java, it supports all major operating systems, including versions for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here .
List of changes in Universal Media Server 11.5.0:
This release improves video quality over Wi-Fi, playback on Roku and Panasonic devices, adds support for Caliber radios, and more!
Changes since version 11.4.1:
- Improved video quality on Wi-Fi networks.
- Keep maximum memory setting in Windows Installer
- Fixed web player status message
- Fixed resource leaks
- Added support for Caliber radios (thanks Bart Zhurkin!)
- Allow search when transcoding on Roku devices
- Fixed mute on Panasonic TVs when transcoding.
Translation updates via Crowdin
- German (100%) (thanks pipin!)
- Japanese (100%) (thanks KEINOS!)
- Persian (100%) (thank you Sadra Imam!)
- Spanish (97%) (thanks Luis Alberto Garcia Diaz!)
- Ukrainian (31%) (thanks, Oleksandr Opara!)
- Updated validation style to version 10.3.3.
- Upgrade ffmpeg to latest version
- Increase jackson-databind from 2.13.3 to 2.13.4
- Increase logback version from 1.2.11 to 1.4.1
- Increase maven-pmd-plugin from 3.18.0 to 3.19.0
- Upgrade slf4j-api from 1.7.36 to 2.0.1
- Increase Spotbugs-maven-plugin from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
Download: Universal Media Server 11.5.0 | 162.0 MB (open source)
Download: Other operating systems
View: Universal Media Server website
Leave a Reply