Universal Media Server is a DLNA compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was launched by SubJunk, the official developer of PMS, to provide more stability and file compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no setup. It runs on MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and others which together provide support for a wide range of media formats. Because Universal Media Server is written in Java, it supports all major operating systems, including versions for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here .
Changes since version 11.0.0:
- Improved caching of web interface files
- Added getServerPlaylists to playlists API.
- Fixed bad thumbnail url for playlist folder resolved by DbIdResourceLocator.
- Added support for more language characters in the web interface.
- Updated and removed old links on the About tab.
- Fixed a bug that caused database fields to be truncated to the limit.
- Fixed rare and unpredictable bugs
Translation updates via Crowdin
- Catalan (99%) (thanks, Toni Grau i Quellos!)
- French (100%) (thanks Archaos!)
- Polish (100%) (thanks Karol Szastok!)
- Update the com.puppycrawl.tools:checkstyle dependency to version 10.3.
- Update the org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-pmd-plugin dependency to version 3.17.0.
- Update the correct version to v3.0.0-M7.
- Upgrade com.sun.xml.bind from 3.0.2 to 4.0.0
- Upgrade junrar from 7.5.1 to 7.5.2
Download: Universal Media Server 11.1.0 | 161.0 MB (open source) Download: Other operating systems
View: Universal Media Server website
Leave a Reply