The Command Prompt is a useful application that lets you input commands. You can use adb commands, fastboot commands, and all sorts of advanced commands. There are many ways that you can use to open the Command Prompt. But, do you know that you can run the Command Prompt application right within a Folder in Windows 11? Here is how to open Command Prompt in a folder on a Windows PC.
The Command Prompt or CMD can be used to ping your wireless network, sideload an app, run a few programs, and even automate various kinds of scripts and batch files, which can help you get any work done faster.
Sometimes, there will be a need where you might have to run a particular program that is in a folder. In this case, you need to open the Command Prompt window from within the folder. You can also open the CMD or Command Windows and use the cd command to navigate to that folder. But directly opening the command window in a folder is easy. Here are two ways that you can follow to open the Command Prompt application within a folder.
Remember the guide will also work if you want to open Windows Powershell in a folder. CMD and Powershell are almost the same.
How to Open Command Prompt in a Folder
Both methods that we are going to mention in this guide will work on all Windows versions. Also, these are quite easy methods and require no hidden tricks at all. So without a further do let’s get to the first method to open CMD in a folder.
- Open up the file explorer. You can do this by pressing the Windows and E keys or through the shortcut.
- Now, navigate to the folder where you would like to open the Command Prompt.
- Once you are in the folder in which you want to open Command windows, simply hold the Shift Key.
- With the Shift Key being pressed, simply use the mouse and right-click on an empty area in the folder.
- The context menu will now appear.
- You will see the Open in Windows Terminal or Open Command Windows Here or Open PowerShell Here. Click on the suitable option or the one available.
- And this is one way of opening the Windows Terminal or Command Prompt in a folder. Now you can use any file in that folder in the command.
- Open the File Explorer and navigate to the folder to where you would like to open the Command prompt application.
- Once you are in the folder, click on the address bar or the file path bar on the folder.
- Simply type in CMD and hit the enter key.
- The Command Window will open right away from within the folder’s file path itself.
- And that is how you can open the Command Prompt in a folder.
These are two easy ways that you can follow to open Command Prompt window from within a folder in Windows 11. Windows 10 also follows a similar method for opening the Command Prompt application in a Folder. Since File Explorer got a redesign in Windows 11, that option no longer exists. We hope you have learned and understood how to open the Command Prompt application from within a folder on your Windows PC.
- How to Change Font Color, Background Color, Increase Text Size in CMD on Windows 10
- How to Increase Internet Speed Using CMD
- How to enable Drag and Drop files feature for Windows 11 Taskbar