Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform application for managing email and news feeds. It is a local (rather than a web-based) email application that is powerful yet easy-to-use.
Thunderbird is clean and elegant by default, but easily customizable to match your workflow and visual preferences. It is loaded with unique and powerful features.
Thunderbird is developed, tested, translated and supported by the folks at Mozilla Corporation and by a group of dedicated volunteers. Thunderbird gives you control and ownership over your email. There are lots of add-ons available for Thunderbird that enable you to extend and customize your email experience.
Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
What’s new in Thunderbird 115.2.0:
- Thunderbird MSIX packages are now published on archive.mozilla.org
- Size, Unread, and Total columns are now right-aligned
- Newsgroup names in message list header are now abbreviated
- Message compose window did not apply theme colors to menus
- Reading the second new message in a folder cleared the unread indicator of all other new messages
- Displayed counts of unread or flagged messages could become out-of-sync
- Deleting a message from the context menu with messages sorted in chronological order and smooth scroll enabled caused message list to scroll to top
- Repeatedly switching accounts in Subscribe dialog caused tree view to stop updating
- “Ignore thread”caused message cards to display incorrectly in message list
- Creating tags from unified toolbar failed
- Cross-folder navigation using F and N did not work
- Account Manager did not resize to fit content, causing “Close”button to become hidden outside bounds of dialog when too many accounts were listed
- Remote content exceptions could not be added in Settings
- Newsgroup list file did not get updated after adding a new NNTP server
- “Download all headers”option in NNTP “Download Headers”dialog was incorrectly selected by default
- “Convert to event/task”was missing from mail context menu
- Events and tasks were not shown in some cases despite being present on remote server
- Various visual and UX improvements
- Security fixes
Download: Thunderbird 115.2.0 for Windows (EN/US) | 32-bit | ~50.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Thunderbird 115.2.0 for Linux (EN/US) | 74.7 MB
Download: Thunderbird 115.2.0 for Mac OS (EN/US) | 127.0 MB
Download: Thunderbird 115.2.0 in other languages
View: Thunderbird Website | Screenshot