WinSCP is a free open source SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client, and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is to transfer files between local and remote computers. In addition, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Windows integration (drag and drop, url, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All standard file operations
- Supports SFTP and SCP over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and the old plain FTP.
- Batch Scripting and Command Line Interface
- Synchronization of the directory in several semi-automatic or fully automatic ways
- Built-in text editor
- Supports SSH password, interactive keyboard, public key, and Kerberos authentication (GSS)
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY Authentication Agent) to fully support public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Stores session information if desired
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file instead of registry entries, suitable for working with removable media.
WinSCP 5.19.5 changelog:
- Compatible with Google Cloud S3 API when duplicating files. 2038
- Compatible with Google Cloud S3 API when deleting implicitly existing directories. 2042 BC
- Updated translation: Turkish.
- Link registration to 1952 when OpenSSH 8.8 (or newer) server discards the key.
- Bug fix: Crash when copying new content to the clipboard while loading files pasted from the clipboard. 2036 g.
- Bug Fix: The Browse Remote Directory command did not find a file with spaces in the sync checklist.
- Bug fix: ZIP extension and download does not work with files in the root of the drive. 2039 g.
- Bug fix: The path in the console window was not shortened when it did not fit.