AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and removes adware, toolbars, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) and browser hijackers from your computer. Using AdwCleaner, you can easily uninstall many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
The types of programs that AdwCleaner targets are usually associated with freeware programs that you download from the Internet. In many cases, when you download and install a program, the installation will tell you that these programs will be installed along with the program you downloaded. If you do not perform a custom installation, these unwanted programs will be automatically installed on your computer, leaving you with additional browser toolbars, adware, and other unwanted programs. AdwCleaner is designed to find and remove these types of programs.
New features of AdwCleaner 8.3.1:
- Official support for Windows 11. There is one cosmetic bug that we know about and that will be fixed in the next version.
- Add Windows Installer support to the basic recovery steps.
- Update definitions to 2021.11.18.1
- Update translations.
- Now you can use `/ path` again in parallel with other commands.
- Troubleshoot startup problems in Windows 10 under certain conditions.
- Fix crash due to parsing of malformed `/ etc / hosts` file.
- Correct the German translation.