Microsoft is launching a large incremental update to Windows 11 Update 2022 (version 22H2). The newer build is tagged with version number 22621.607 and is available for those running the Windows 11 2022 Update with the release preview channel selected in the Windows Insider Program. And the best part is that it fixes a lot of issues in Windows 11, read on to find out more about the new update.
The best thing about this update is that it also adds newly released features to the beta testing channel with build number 22622.601. In addition, the update fixes Microsoft Store update failure issue, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Office 365 app signing issue, updates Chile DST start date, improves Windows Search service, Task Manager stopped working in light and dark. mode and more.
According to the release notes provided by Microsoft , the update fixes IE mode tab session reloading, print queue duplication issue, adds more dynamic widget content to the taskbar with notification icons, and more.
Here’s the full list of changes coming with Windows 11 build 22621.607.
- We fixed an issue affecting some apps that weren’t signed by the Microsoft Store. You must reinstall them after updating the OS.
- We fixed issues that caused updates to fail in the Microsoft Store.
- We fixed an issue that prevented you from signing in to various Microsoft Office 365 applications. This affects Outlook, Word, Teams, and more.
- We’ve updated the date for DST in Chile. It will start on September 11, 2022 instead of September 4, 2022.
- Fixed an issue affecting the Windows Search service. This results in slow indexing of the service.
- Fixed an issue affecting some processors. This issue occurs when Hyper-V security and kernel direct memory access (DMA) are enabled.
- Fixed an issue affecting a static network IP address. This issue results in a static IP configuration inconsistency. Because of this, NetworkAdapterConfiguration() fails from time to time.
- We fixed an issue that affected the Task Manager. It stops working when you switch between light and dark mode or change the accent color.
- Fixed an issue that affected the font of three Chinese characters. When you format these characters in bold, the width size is incorrect.
- Fixed an issue affecting graphics drivers using d3d9on12.dll.
- We have reduced the power that the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol uses on some devices when they are in sleep mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused IE mode tabs in a session to reload.
- Fixed an issue affecting window.open in IE mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused a browser window to successfully open in IE mode to display a PDF file. Later, when navigating to another site in IE mode, the same window crashes.
- We fixed an issue that affected the Microsoft Japanese Input Method Editor (IME). Text conversion fails when using some third party virtual desktops.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the app to stop responding. This can happen when the input queue overflows.
- We fixed an issue that affected XML Paper Specification (XPS) viewers. This may prevent you from opening XPS files in some languages other than English. These include some Japanese and Chinese character encodings. This issue affects XPS and Open XPS (OXPS) files.
- Fixed an issue that caused a duplicate print queue to be created. This causes the original print queue to stop working.
- Fixed an issue that could bypass MSHTML and ActiveX rules for Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC).
- We have fixed an issue affecting the Miracast user interface. Sometimes it closes too early when you cast to devices using DeviceObjectType:Aep.
- We’ve added more dynamic widget content to the taskbar with a notification icon. When you open the widget board, a banner appears at the top of the board. It provides more information about what caused the notification icon.
- We have fixed an issue affecting the SharedPC Account Manager. This issue prevents him from deleting many accounts during the cleanup.
- We fixed an issue that caused the LogonUI.exe program to stop working. Because of this, you cannot close the lock screen to view the credentials screen.
- We fixed an issue affecting dual SIM calls. If you select No SIM on your phone and initiate a call on your device, the Dual SIM feature will not work.
- We have fixed an issue affecting the FindNextFileNameW() function. It can lead to a memory leak.
- We have fixed an issue affecting robocopy. Robocopy fails to set correct modification time for file when using /IS
- Fixed issue affecting cldflt.sys. Stop error occurs when used with Microsoft OneDrive.
- We fixed an issue that affected roaming user profiles. After you sign in or out, some of your settings are not restored.
- Fixed an issue affecting the LanmanWorkstation service. Memory leak while mounting a network drive.
If you are a Windows 11 Insider in the Release Preview channel and are already on build 22H2, you will receive this new build 22621.607 on your PC. You can also check for updates manually in Settings > Windows Update. And once you click “Check for updates” it will show a new build that you can download and install on your computer.