Roku is a great streaming service that lets you watch a lot of free and premium content. There are channels in every genre. From sports to movies, news, and even kids content, Roku has it all. While there is entertainment for all family members, some channels are not meant for children to watch. So, if you are someone who, for whatever reasons, wants to hide and deny access to certain channels for children, this guide is for you. Here is a guide on how to hide streaming channels on Roku Streaming Stick or Roku TV.
Before we get into how to hide streaming channels in Roku, we first need to know why the channels are hidden. You see, there are plenty of adult channels that anyone can add to their Roku. Therefore, to prevent young children from accessing such channels, Roku has a parent feature that allows you to hide and block access to such channels. In addition, as parents, many may also want to prevent them from watching movies and shows that are not appropriate for their age. So if you want to have some control, this is the guide you need to read.
How to Hide Streaming Channels on Roku TV
You can follow the steps below to hide all Live TV streaming channels on your Roku device.
- Turn on your Roku device and grab the remote for it.
- Now press the Home button on the remote control.
- Scroll through the list and select the “Settings” option.
- In the “Settings” section, you will see “TV inputs”. Select it.
- Now select Live Tv and select the Hide Streaming TV Channels option.
- Just select “Hide All”. All your streaming channels on your Roku device will now be hidden.
Hide channel labels
In addition to hiding Live TV channels, Roku also lets you hide any channel shortcuts you may have created, which helps you instantly access a channel without having to scroll through the channel list. You can follow the steps below.
- Turn on your Roku device and take the remote with you.
- Now press the Home button on your remote to open the Settings menu.
- Select “Home Screen” under “Settings”.
- Finally, select Shortcuts.
- Now select the shortcut you want to remove by unchecking it.
- You have now removed the shortcuts from the Roku home screen.
These are two ways to hide streaming channels and Live TV on any Roku device. Whether it’s Roku TV, Roku Streaming Box, or even Roku Streaming Stick, the methods are the same. This is a good way to keep kids away from content that is inappropriate for their age.
These methods only work because Roku doesn’t allow you to create multiple profiles on the same device. If it had a feature for creating different user profiles, any user could create a child profile and give him access to only the content that is appropriate for him, without worrying about something going wrong. We hope this guide helped you learn how to hide streaming channels on your Roku. If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments below.