Apple unveiled iOS 15.2 at its annual developer conference. The latest version of iOS offers several cool features for your compatible iPhone, such as FaceTime spatial audio, SharePlay, Live Text, Spotlight photo search, and more. Like me, if you want to try out iOS 15.2 developer beta 4 too, here’s how to do it.
- How to download iOS 15.2 Developer beta 4 on iPhone
- How to install iOS 15.2 Developer beta 4 on iPhone
- Download and install iOS 15.2 Developer beta 4 using Finder
Before you start:
- iOS 15.2 is supported on iPhone 6s and later. Here is a complete list of compatible devices.
- The developer betas are incredibly buggy. Make sure you have backed up your iPhone to iCloud or computer before proceeding. Alternatively, it’s best to install iOS 15.2 on an additional device.
- You must have an Apple Developer account ($ 99 / year) to download iOS 15.2 Developer Beta 4.
How to download iOS 15.2 Developer beta 4 on iPhone
- Open Safari on your iPhone and go to developer.apple.com.
- Tap the Download New Betas tab. Then sign in to your account using your Apple developer account email and password.
- Head over to the beta 4 iOS 15.2 section and click Install Profile.
A pop-up window may appear on the screen informing that the website is trying to open the settings to show the configuration profile.
- Tap Allow & Close. The iOS software beta profile will begin downloading to your device.
- Open Settings -> Profile loaded.
- Click “Install” and enter your password.
- Click “Install” at the top right and again at the bottom.
- Finally, click Restart to apply the changes you want.
Once the iOS 15.2 beta 4 profile is installed on your iPhone, follow these steps to install the latest iOS developer beta.
How to install iOS 15.2 Developer beta 4 on iPhone
- Open iPhone settings and click General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Enter your iPhone passcode and follow the onscreen instructions.
- After downloading the file, click Install Now.
If you run into any difficulty downloading an update, it is most likely due to multiple developers trying to download it, which can be time consuming for Apple servers. Please wait a while.
If you still need help see IOS 15.2 stuck at Update Requested screen. Here’s how to fix it.
After installing iOS 15.2 beta 4, you may need to enter your iPhone password and Apple ID password to update iCloud and other similar settings.
Download and install iOS 15.2 Developer beta 4 using Finder
In the rare case that you can’t download iOS 15.2 beta 4 directly (wirelessly) to your iPhone, you can use the Finder on macOS Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey. Here’s how.
- Download the iOS software beta recovery image for your iPhone from the Apple Developer download page .
- Launch Finder on Mac and connect iPhone.
- Select your iPhone in the sidebar.
- In the Summary panel, press and hold the Option key and choose Restore iPhone.
- Select the iOS software beta recovery file and open it.
- Now click “Repair” to start the installation.
After successfully installing the beta, your iPhone will restart. The device needs an active network connection to complete activation.
Here’s how you can download and install iOS 15.2 Developer Beta 4 on your iPhone and try out the new features. If you have further questions, ask them in the comments below.