Nobody thinks of sandbox games like Minecraft as horror games until the sun goes down and night falls. Deadly mobs are taking over the world, and if you don’t see them sneaking up, your survival may become inevitable. The same can be said for Minecraft’s scary dark caves, which were recently transformed in the Minecraft 1.18 update.
Fortunately, the solution to both of your problems is to brew a night vision potion in Minecraft. This enables you to see clearly at night and in the dark. In this article, we’ll focus on everything you need to know to make a night vision potion in Minecraft. So yeah, without further ado, let’s get started now!
Make a night vision potion in Minecraft (2021)
The Night Vision Potion in Minecraft is one of the very few exclusive potions for players. This means that other mobs cannot use this potion to improve their eyesight . But other players on a multiplayer server can definitely benefit from this. Also, you should be aware that this guide will work with both Minecraft Java and Bedrock versions. With that said, let’s see what ingredients you need to make this potion.
What is a night vision potion in Minecraft?
As the name suggests, this potion gives players the ability to see Minecraft clearly in the dark . Works in dark caves and at night in the game. You can even use it to look very clearly underwater. Some players even use this potion while exploring the Void dimension in the game. We’ve included screenshots to show you what the night world looks like in Minecraft after drinking a night vision potion.
Before (L) and After (F) Drinking a Night Vision Potion in Minecraft Whatever the reason for its creation, Night Vision Potion is one of the simplest and most useful potions. That is, until you can find in the game the rare ingredients needed to make this potion.
Items needed to make a Night Vision Potion
Here are the items you need to make a night vision potion in Minecraft:
- Golden carrot
- Inconvenient Potion
- Brewing stand
- Blazing powder
For the easy part, we already have a guide to help you make a brew stand in Minecraft. This is the main in-game tool that we will use to prepare every Minecraft potion. When it’s ready, you need to use it to make an awkward potion in Minecraft. It is a base potion that is created by infusing Nether Wart in water. You will need to craft an awkward potion for most of the best Minecraft potions. Now let’s figure out how to get the rarer ingredients for the Night Vision Potion recipe.
How to get Blazing Powder in Minecraft
The riskiest part when making most Minecraft potions comes with the fire powder. This is the power source for our cooking rack and is not easy to obtain. First you need to make an Underworld portal in Minecraft. Then use this portal to visit the Nether Dimension and find the Nether Keep.
If you’re lucky enough to find one with flames, you’ll have to fight and kill him. This is how you get your fire rods. Once you place these fire rods on the workbench, you will finally get the fire powder in Minecraft.
How to get golden carrots in Minecraft
The main ingredient in the Night Vision Potion in Minecraft is Golden Carrot. This is one of the most valuable food items in the game. If you’re lucky, you can find it in chests in Nether Fortresses or Bastion Remanent. Otherwise, you can craft it, and we will teach you how to make golden carrots right here:
1. First you need to get carrots by breaking them in one of the backyards. You can find them in different villages and our Minecraft Village Seed List will definitely help you.
2. Then you need to find gold nuggets. You can get them by killing zombie pigs in the Nether. Or, you can also find them in igloo chests, ruined portals, shipwrecks, underwater ruins, remains of bastions, and even in some villages. If you still can’t get them, you can place gold bars on a workbench in Minecraft to turn them into gold nuggets. 1 gold ingot can be turned into 9 gold nuggets .
3. Finally, we need to combine the regular carrots with the gold nuggets to make our golden carrots. To do this, open the workbench and place the carrots in the middle slot of the crafting area. Then place 8 gold nuggets in every other slot and completely surround the carrots. And your golden carrot is ready.
How to make a night vision potion in Minecraft
Once you have all the items you need, making this potion should be easy. Follow this recipe to learn how to make a Night Vision Potion in this game:
1. First, open the brew stand and place the fire powder into the fuel cell on the left . The powder will automatically burn and start feeding the cradle.
2. Then place the Awkward Potion Vials into the bottle slots at the bottom of the rack. One Golden Carrot can be used simultaneously on 3 Potion Bottles. So try to make the most of it.
3. Finally, place the golden carrots in the middle slot next to the arrow. It will then automatically start converting the Awkwardness Potion into a Night Vision Potion.
How to make a night vision potion
Cooking Potion Splash will help you apply it to multiple players by throwing it. All you have to do is find the creeper and kill him . If it dies before it explodes, it drops gunpowder , which you will need to make a spray of potion. Then, just like we combined the golden carrot with an existing potion, you can also combine it.
To do this, open the viewing stand, place 3 potion bottles in the bottommost slots and gunpowder in the main slot at the top. Then your throwing splash potion in Minecraft will be ready in no time.
Make your own night vision potion in Minecraft
We hope that with the ability to brew a Night Vision Potion, your nightly adventures in the game can be enhanced and a little safer. There is another way to make the nights friendlier, though, by using shaders. Installing Optifine in Minecraft allows you to do the same. But this is only for Java users. Bedrock players will have to rely on RTX in Minecraft for more realistic and interesting night time.
When it comes to potions, there are many of the best potions in Minecraft. If you think you know a good thing, please share it with our readers in the comments section. You can also use comments to answer any brewing questions. Someone on our team will help you solve them.