With the anniversary of the release of Windows 11 approaching, Microsoft has finally made the most anticipated update of Windows 11, Windows 11 2022 (version 22H2), available to everyone. It has been in the testing phase for Windows 11 Insiders on the Dev and Beta channels for a long time. But now, the general public can finally get their hands on this all-new Windows 11 2022 update, which is packed full of features that improve the Windows 11 experience. Here’s how to upgrade to Windows 11 2H22.
You may have heard about the 22H2 update as well as its features. We’ve covered a few guides that show you how to enable these features on your Windows 11 PC. The update is now rolling out to anyone with a Windows 11 PC or a Windows 10 PC that’s compatible with Windows 11. With that said, here’s our guide about how you can get the Windows 11 2022 update on your Windows PC.
How to upgrade to Windows 11 22H2
All Windows PCs that are eligible for Windows 11 can be upgraded to version 22H2. There are some users who did not immediately install Windows 11 due to errors and missing features while using Windows 10. Therefore, even if your computer is running Windows 10 but compatible with Windows 11, you can easily upgrade.
Upgrade from Windows 11 21H2
This method is for those who upgraded to Windows 11 when it was released last year. Also works for those who have not joined the Windows Insiders program. To get the new Windows 11 22H2 update, users need to install the Windows 11 21H2 update. If you are on the latest update, here are the steps to get the 2022 major update.
- Connect your Windows 11 PC to a good Wi-Fi network.
- Now click the Start button (Windows icon) on the taskbar to open the Start menu.
- Click on the Settings app icon to launch the Settings app.
- In the top right corner, you will see the Windows Update option. Press here.
- Click on the button that says “Check for updates “.
- Windows 11 will start checking for available updates and downloading them.
- Depending on your internet speed, it may take some time to download and install the update.
Upgrade to Windows 11 22H2 from Windows 10
If you are still using Windows 10 and have finally decided to install the Windows 11 22H2 update on your PC, there are three ways you can install the update on your Windows 10 PC.
Update via Windows Update
Firstly, not every Windows 10 PC is suitable for upgrading to Windows 11. Therefore, in this case, it is recommended that you download the PC health check tool first. This is a free tool that checks if your Windows 10 PC is eligible to upgrade to the new Windows 11 22H2 update. It checks your system if there is enough RAM, storage, TPM module and even your CPU. You can download a free health check tool here .
Once you have installed the Health Check app on your computer, you should run it to check if your computer is compatible with Windows 10 with the update. If it shows that your computer is compatible with the update, you can do the following.
- Click the Windows icon button on the taskbar to open the Start menu.
- Open the Settings app and select Updates & Security .
- You will see the Windows 11 update banner. This means that your computer is eligible for the update and to install the update, simply click the Check for Updates button.
- The PC will now download the latest Windows 11 22H2 update.
Upgrade with the Windows 11 Setup Assistant
Another way to get the new Windows 11 22H2 update on your Windows 10 PC is to use the setup assistant. This is an update tool created by Microsoft for your Windows PC. This tool will help you install the latest available update for Windows 11. In this case, you will get the Windows 11 22H2 update. Here are the steps to get the Windows 11 Setup Assistant.
- In your favorite web browser, go to the Windows 11 download page. You can click on this link to go directly to the page.
- You will see the title of the Windows 11 Setup Assistant. Under it, a blue button will appear that says ” Download Now “.
- Click the Download Now button to download the Installation Assistant.
- After downloading the Installation Assistant, simply run the program.
- The Setup Assistant will start checking for available updates.
- When it finds the Windows 11 22H2 update, just click the download button .
- The Setup Assistant will download the update to your computer.
- The download speed will depend on the speed of your internet connection.
- Once the update is downloaded, you can install the new Windows 11 22H2 update on your Windows 10 PC right away.
- You can also use this method on your Windows 11 PC to get the Windows 11 22H2 update right away.
Join the Windows Insider Program
If your system is not showing the Windows 11 22H2 update on your device, you can simply enroll in the Windows Insider Program to get the Windows 11 update. Here are the steps.
- First you need to sign in with a Microsoft account. If you don’t have one, you need to create one and then sign in to your computer with an account.
- Once you have your Micorosft account ready, launch the Settings app.
- Now click on Updates & Security and finally on the Windows Insider Program.
- Click the ” Start ” button.
- You will be prompted to select the Microsoft account with which you want to sign up for the Insider program.
- Now select the Release Preview channel . You will have to follow the instructions on the screen.
- After all this is completed, you need to restart your Windows 10 PC.
- Open the Settings app, then Updates & Security , and finally click the Check for Updates button.
- Your PC will now start downloading the Windows 11 22H2 update on your Windows 10 PC.
Here are the ways you can follow to install and update your Windows 10 and Windows 11 PCs with the new Windows 11 22H2 update. Some features will appear in the October update, and some 22H2 features require a clean install. If you have any questions or questions feel free to leave them in the comments section below.