Streaming services have become an important part of everyone’s life. Whether you are watching live streaming, movies or shows, there is a streaming service that brings such content to you. Things get much better when you can stream these services to your Smart TV. Watching on Smart TV gives you more viewing pleasure. But for the application to work smoothly on the TV, it needs to be updated. So, today we are going to take a look at how you can update the Hulu app on your Vizio Smart TV.
Now you need to understand that the Vizio line of smart TVs do not run Android OS. Rather, they have their own internal OS called SmartCast OS. Because this OS is not like your regular TV OS, the method to update your apps will be different. Also, the lack of a Google Play Store may make app updates difficult for some users. Do not worry! Because we will show you how to update the Hulu app on Vizio Smart TV.
How to update the Hulu app on Vizio TV
There are two ways to update the Hulu app on Vizio Smart TV. You can use the method that you consider convenient for you. You will need your Vizio Smart TV connected to the Internet and a Vizio TV remote. When both of these things are ready, let’s get started.
Method 1: Update the Hulu app through the Vizio App Store.
- Turn on Vizio Smart TV and make sure it is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Now grab the TV remote that came with your Vizio Smart TV.
- On the remote you should see the V button or the VIA button. Press the button.
- This action will now launch the Vizio App Store on your smart TV.
- Now find and select the Hulu app.
- If an update is available, you will see an Update button.
- Click the Update button.
- The new update for your Hulu app will begin downloading and installing on your Vizio Smart TV.
- If you think there is an update for an app but it is not showing up in the App Store, it would be wise to uninstall the app and then download the app again to install the latest version on your Vizio Smart TV.
Method 2 – Update the Hulu App via System Update
- Turn on your Vizio Smart TV and grab your TV remote.
- Now connect your Vizio Smart TV to the Internet.
- Using the remote, go to the “Settings” menu.
- Now select “System” from the menu you just opened.
- Highlight the system and select it. You should see the “Check for Updates” option.
- Your Vizio Smart TV will now start checking for updates. Apart from any software updates, it will also keep track of installed app updates.
- Once the TV detects an update for the Hulu app, simply download it and install it on your Vizio Smart TV.
These are the two ways you can follow when you want to update the Hulu app or, for that matter, any other app on your Vizio Smart TV. This is a simple and easy process that will take you about a minute or less. After updating the application, you will be able to improve the user experience, as well as take advantage of any new features that may have been added to the new version of the application. We hope this guide has helped you understand how to update the Hulu app on your Vizio Smart TV.