Vizio smart TVs are popular simply for their price-performance ratio. Of course, there are a number of other smart TVs that come with a lot of features but come at a hefty price tag. With Vizio, you can easily buy a TV without worrying about the price tag burning a big hole in your pocket. Now, smart TVs have become a must-have living room device that is used to watch all your favorite shows and TV shows through streaming apps. But what do you do when something really goes wrong? Well, today we are going to take a look at how you can fix Vizio TV menu not working.
The worst thing is when your TV is malfunctioning, when the menu just doesn’t work. This can be a headache at times, especially when you want to check for updates, adjust a few settings, or anything else that requires you to access menu options on your TV. In such cases, it can be annoying. However, we have a number of troubleshooting steps you can follow to fix the menu not working on Vizio Smart TV.
Fix Vizio TV menu not working
There can be many reasons why the menu may not be displayed. First, it could be a bug causing this issue and the TV needs to be updated to fix the issue. Another reason why this problem might occur is probably because you have installed a new software update and now that same update seems to be causing problems for the menu and preventing it from displaying.
Turn your Vizio Smart TV off and on again.
Now, if you feel like this is a bug that has suddenly started causing this problem and not due to any software update, the best thing you can do is to turn off your TV. Follow these steps.
- First, turn off your Vizio TV by pressing the power button on the TV remote.
- Now unplug your TV from the power supply by unplugging it.
- Leave the TV unplugged for a few minutes. Anything between two and four minutes should be a good buffer time.
- After the timeout has elapsed, reconnect the TV and try to access the menu.
- You should be able to easily access and even display the menu on your Vizio Smart TV.
- If you’re still unable to get the menus to work on your Vizio Smart TV, you may need to reset your TV to factory settings.
Factory Reset Vizio Smart TV
Now you may be asking, but how do I factory reset my Vizio Smart TV if I just can’t display the menu on my Vizio Smart TV? Well, there is a way to factory reset your Vizio Smart TV! Follow the steps below.
- Turn on your Vizio Smart TV. You can either press the power button on the remote control or just press the button on the TV.
- Now you need to press and hold the enter button as well as the volume down button on your TV.
- Keep both buttons pressed for about 15 seconds.
- After 15 seconds, you should see a screen on your TV.
- The factory reset options will now appear on the screen.
- Press and hold the enter button on the TV while the message is displayed.
- After a few seconds, the TV will immediately start performing a factory reset.
- The reset process should take a few minutes.
- Once completed, you will have to go through the one-time setup process again.
- After completing all the initial settings, you should now be able to access the menu without any problems.
And here’s how you can fix Vizio Smart TV menu not working or not showing on screen. We hope the two methods mentioned above helped resolve the issue. If you think the issue is not resolved, the best thing you can do is call your Vizio Smart TV support and ask them to service it. You can do this for free if your TV is still under warranty. Have you encountered such a problem? If so, please let us know about your experience and what you did to get the menu working again on your Vizio Smart TV.