Powerful smartphone company OnePlus stops giving OnePlus communication apps in OnePlus 8T, OnePlus Nord, and OnePlus 9 Series.
Instead, the phones get Google’s own suite of apps for dialer, contacts, and messages. Till now, OnePlus phones have had OnePlus apps for calling, messages and contacts.
A glance through OnePlus’ community forums reveals that many OnePlus 8T, OnePlus Nord, and OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, And OnePlus 9R users didn’t appreciate this change. And since its launch, users have been unsuccessfully trying to sideload OnePlus stock apps on the device. And if you are also one of those who don’t like Google’s version of apps, you do have the option to switch to the OnePlus stock dialer, messaging, and contacts apps. Read more Download OnePlus PacMan Edition Icon Pack & Live Wallpapers Here
Google apps offer a clean and smooth experience but then also a lot of users prefer the OnePlus versions of these apps. Read more OnePlus OxygenOS November 2021 Update Tracker
How to use OnePlus Stock Dailer, Messaging, Contact app on OnePlus Nord, 8T, and OnePlus 9 series
- Download the Zip file from here
- Unzip the file on your phone using the file manager
- Upon extracting the zip, you’ll get three files, including the APKs of the OnePlus Phone app, the OnePlus Contacts app, and the OnePlus Messages app
- Install the APK files like normal third-party apps. It may ask you for permission to download apps from unknown sources
- Open the apps and grant required permissions
Note: After installing successfully, you’ll have to set them as default apps.
Go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > Default Apps.
Then, set OnePlus Phone, OnePlus Messages, and OnePlus Contacts as the default apps, one by one.
Note: You have to disable the Google Dialer app on your phone.
For this, Tap and hold the Google Dialer app and click on App Info. then tap on Disable. keep one thing in mind that the OnePlus Contacts app needs the OnePlus Phone app installed alongside it to work properly.