Of course, Smart TVs are filled with a lot of features, plus it even lets you connect to the internet. You can stream content and even choose to cast content from your cell phone or PC. The TV Remote is an important part of the TV. Well, you can control all the features using it, plus even additional things like using voice commands to navigate through the TV. What would happen if you lost the remote to your LG Smart TV? A lot of inconveniences would occur, and it could get very annoying. Here is a guide on how to turn on LG TV without remote.
There could be any reasons why you might not have your LG Smart TV remote with you. It could be physically broken, malfunctioning, or for that matter even lost. Sure, you could be looking out for a replacement remote or even a new remote, You might even be looking for a universal remote. While the new remote might be on the way, would just sit there and not use the TV at all? Nope.
Read on to know how you can switch on the LG Smart TV without the TV remote.
How to Turn on LG TV without Remote
There are three ways that you can use to turn the LG TV on without a remote. These are simple and easy ways and will not require you to purchase additional hardware.
Use the Physical Power Button on the TV
All TVs, whether smart or not smart ones have a physical power button on the unit. It could be on the front or at the sides. So, on your LG TV, simply press the power button to switch it on. You can also press the button to switch it off. Once you have figured out the power button on your LG TV, you can follow the below two methods that will show you how to use your mobile phone as a TV remote.
Use the LG ThinQ App
LG has made a special app for all of its devices, be it Washing Machines, Dryers, or even the Styler. Since they also make TVs, you will be able to use this app to control your TV. Here is how you do it.
- Download the free LG ThinQ app for your Android or iOS device.
- Power up the LG TV using the first method mentioned above.
- If you have been using the TV for a long time, it will already be connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Now, open up the app and make sure your mobile phone is also connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Press the Plus icon at the top right of the screen.
- Now, you will see a list. Under the Home Appliances heading, select the TV option.
- The app will begin to scan for LG TVs connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- When you see your LG TV in the list, select it.
- Your TV will now display a code. Enter the code into your LG ThinQ app.
- You can either link the app to your email ID or simply tap on skip on your phone.
- Select the Move to Home option on the app.
- You will see the remote control layout on your mobile phone,
- There will also be the On and Off button for you to power on or power off the LG TV.
Use the Infrared Remote app
Now, to be able to use this app, your Android device should be having an Infrared blaster on the device itself. If not, you can always purchase an add-on that can be plugged into your mobile device. You can simply download any of the infrared remote control apps that are available on the Play Store for free. With the app installed, you can now easily control your LG Smart TV right away. Most of the main functions will be working right away.
And this is how you can power on the LG Smart TV without having the remote control. Sure, it can be a bit of an inconvenience but is a perfect workaround until the new replacement remote has been delivered to your home. The first and second methods are widely used. You can use the third method provided you have an IR Blaster. If you don’t find a remote, you can simply purchase a Universal Remote control and then head here to see what would the codes be to program the remote for your TV.
You May Also Like – How to Cast to LG Smart TV
If you still have any queries on how to switch on LG Smart TV without a remote, then let us know in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- How to program DirecTV Remote to LG TV
- How to Download Apps on LG Smart TV
- Download LG Velvet 2 Pro Wallpapers [FHD+]
- How to change input source on LG TV