Google Pixel 6 series is now available in many regions. The Pixel 6 series follows the trend of front camera punch hole design like any other recent Android phone. Punch hole design gives more room for screen compared to the notch. And you can also customize many things like wallpaper, battery indicator, notification indicator to fit with the punch hole.
If you also want to use the punch hole design for other things, you will find this guide useful. Here you will know how to get a Battery Indicator around the Pixel 6 front camera. Alternatively, we can say ring around the Pixel 6 front camera.
The camera cutout may not be appealing if you are not used to it or switching from a phone which had a punch hole at the corner. Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro has the camera punch hole in the top center and so it will be visible more than the side punch hole. Apps like aodNotify and Energy Ring come to use in such cases.
You can customize and take advantage of the punch hole design using third party apps. These apps will let you apply charging animation, notification animation around the corner. And luckily both aodNotify and Energy Ring are now officially available for Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro.
Energy Ring is a popular app and it has been available since punch hole was introduced a few years back. The app supports many devices and Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro are the latest devices to join the supported list.
As of now, these are the Android phones that support Energy Ring:
- Galaxy Z Fold 2/3, Z Flip (3), S10, S20, S20 FE, S21, Note 10, Note 20 series, Z Flip (5G), A60, A51, A71, m40, m31s
- Pixel 4a (5G), 5 (a), 6 (pro)
- OnePlus 8 Pro, 8T, Nord (2) (CE)
- Motorola Edge (+), One Action, Vision, G(8) Power only, G40 Fusion, 5G (UW) Ace
- Huawei Honor 20, View 20, Nova 4, 5T, P40 Lite, P40 Pro
- Realme 6 (pro), X7 Max, 7 pro, x50 Pro Play
- Mi 10 (pro), 11
- Redmi Note 9(s/pro/pro max), Note 10 pro (max), K30(i)(5g)
- Vivo iQOO3, Z1 Pro
- Oppo (Find) X2 (Neo) (Reno3) (Pro)
- Poco M2 Pro
- Oukitel C17 Pro
Why use the Energy Ring App?
The first and the best reason is that the app is free and available on the Play Store. Energy Ring app comes with many customizable options and it’s easy to use. Users can control the thickness and color of the energy ring as per their preference.
And if you have Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro and want to customize the punch hole design for an attractive screen look. Then you can use the free Energy Ring app. You can follow the steps mentioned below to apply the Energy Ring on your phone.
- Install the Energy Ring app from the Play Store.
- Open the app and enable the toggle that is present in the top right corner.
- Now the app will ask for accessibility permission, grant the permission to the app.
- As soon as you grant the permission the Ring will be applied around the front camera.
- Open the Energy Ring app again to customize the ring.
- You can change Ring Origin, Thickness, Background, Direction, Animation, and colors.
- The colors will change as per the battery percentage.
Using the Energy Ring app is easy. In case you want to get rid of the Energy Ring notification, turn off its notification manually from Settings.
aodNotify is another great application that uses the punch hole design to show notifications. Although it is a paid app, you will find it useful and worth the price.
So there you have it, the guide to customize the punch hole corner on Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro using Energy Ring and aodNotify. If you have a Google Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro, then let us know which app you are using or going to use for the punch hole customization.
- How to use Magic Eraser on Pixel 6
- How to Root Google Pixel 6 Pro and Unlock Bootloader
- Pixel 6 Pro Features: what makes it great