In this article, you’ll know how to convert HEIC photos to JPG on iPhone.
The eleventh generation of iPhone OS aka iOS 11 adopted a new format for photos and videos, Apple switched the image format from JPG to HEIC (aka High-Efficiency Image Format). All iPhone running iOS 11 or newer now stored images with HEIC format.
Apple acquired the HEIC image format for its macOS as well, so MacBook users can easily view or edit HEIC images. But the HEIC image format is not adopted by the one of the most used OS, yes, I am talking about the Windows OS. If you want to view or edit an image on your PC, then here’s how you can convert HEIC image files to JPG on iPhone and access it on Windows.
There are a couple of ways by which you can convert HEIC files to JPG on iPhone, and the best thing is, you can convert the images without sideloading any third-party apps. Now let’s take a look at how to convert HEIC photos to JPEG on iPhone.
How to Convert HEIC Photos to JPG on iPhone
Although HEIC images are smaller in size compared to JPG photos, once you move these images to your PC, then you realize that opening HEIC files on PC is not an easy task. Whether you’re a Windows user or Android user, both OS support JPG image formats, so, for converting HEIC file to JPG, you need to follow the below listed steps.
- At first open the Files app on your iPhone or iPad, move to the location where you want to store the converted images, you can store these images in, On my iPhone location or on iCloud Storage (obviously, the iCloud storage will be counted in opting this step).
- For this tutorial, I’m creating a folder On my iPhone, once you open your iPhone Storage from Files app, create a new folder.
- For creating a new folder, tap and hold for a second on an empty area of the screen, then click on New Folder from popup options.
- Give this folder any random name of your choice, let’s make it JPG in this case.
- Once you created a folder, then Open the Photos app and move to the album from which you want to convert the images.
- If you want to convert multiple images, then tap on the select option from the top right-corner of the app window and pick the images which you want to convert.
- Once you’ve selected a couple of images, hit the share icon listed in the bottom left panel of the Photos app.
- From the share window, tap on copy photos.
- Now paste these images inside the JPG folder which we’ve created earlier, to paste these photos, open the folder under the Files app and again tap and hold for a second to see the paste option. Once you see a popup Window, then tap on Paste.
- Once you copy these images inside the folder, instantly, you can check that the image format has changed to JPG from HEIC (High-Efficiency Image Format).
- That’s it.
This is not the only method which you can use to convert image format, there are a bunch of image converters available on the App Store, a few of these apps are free with advertisements, while some are paid. In case you feel this workaround is a bit complicated then you can try any converter from the App Store.
Apart from converting image formats, you can do one thing, you can directly capture these images in JPG format. Yes, there’s a way by which you can store images captured from the Camera app in JPG format. But as I said earlier, HEIC images are smaller in size as compared to JPG format. If storage is not a problem for you or you want to capture a bunch of images in JPG format, then you can follow these steps and save images in JPG format on your iPhone.
- Open Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now scroll down a bit and tap on Camera.
- Now you see a bunch of different options such as Formats, Grid, Preserve Settings, and Camera Mode.
- Tap Formats and change High Efficiency to Most Compatible.
- That’s it.
Now whenever you capture an image from the Camera app, it will be saved as JPG file instead of HEIC (High-Efficiency Image Format).
You May Also Like – How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows 11
If you’ve any query on how to convert HEIC photos to JPG on iPhone or iPad, then leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- How to use new Password Authenticator on iPhone running iOS 15
- iOS 15 Features – The Complete List
- Apple CarPlay Compatible Cars and Motorcycles
- Download iPhone 13 Pro Wallpapers [4K Resolution]
- Download iPad Mini Wallpapers [FHD+]