Shin Megami Tensei 5 falls down to second place as Final Fantasy 16 grabs the top spot, with Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl in third place.
Famitsu’s weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, as decided by their readers, have seen Shin Megami Tensei 5 taking the top spot for a few weeks running, with Final Fantasy 16 coming in at second place. In the latest charts, those positions have switch, with the PS5 exclusive RPG climbing to No. 1.
The next few positions are all occupied by upcoming Switch exclusives, with Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl at No. 3 and Bayonetta 3 at No. 4. Another Pokemon game is Pokemon Legends: Arceus in seventh place, just behind Metroid Dread at No. 6.
In eighth place is Lost Judgment, with voting for these charts having taken place before the game came out, with Super Robot Wars 30 in ninth place and The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki at No. 10 rounding out the top 10.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between September 9 and September 15.
1. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 641 votes
2. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 607 votes
3. [NSW] Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl – 509 votes
4. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 501 votes
5. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 435 votes
6. [NSW] Metroid Dread – 374 votes
7. [NSW] Pokemon Legends: Arceus – 318 votes
8. [PS4] Lost Judgment – 258 votes
9. [PS4] Super Robot Wars 30 – 254 votes
10. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki – 230 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]