DaVinci Resolve is the world’s first solution that combines professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post production and now visual effects all in one software tool. You get unlimited creative flexibility because DaVinci Resolve makes it easy for individual artists to explore different toolsets. It also lets you collaborate and bring people with different creative talents together. With a single click, you can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio. Plus, you never have to export or translate files between separate software tools because, with DaVinci Resolve, everything is in the same software application.
DaVinci Resolve is the only post production software designed for true collaboration. Multiple editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound designers can all work on the same project at the same time! Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a larger collaborative team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and is used for finishing more Hollywood feature films, episodic television programing and TV commercials than any other software.
Important information regarding database management
DaVinci Resolve 17.4.x requires a database upgrade from DaVinci Resolve 16.2.7 and previous versions. We strongly recommend that you back up your existing database (both DiskDB and PostgreSQL) and then restore that database for the upgrade before upgrading to this release.
There is no database change from 17.x.
DaVinci Resolve 17.4.2 changelog:
- Improved playback performance for Fusion titles and effects.
- Addressed an issue with parts of H.264 clips showing offline on Windows.
- Addressed an issue where changes to date created would not be saved.
- Addressed display issue with installed transitions in the edit page.
- Addressed rescanning on startup issue with crashed VST3 plugins.
- Addressed an issue scanning VST3 plugins on certain system languages.
- Addressed an issue with rescanning unlicensed audio plugins on startup.
- Addressed an issue with dynamic delay compensation with VST3 plugins.
- Addressed incorrect cached VST3 plugins names in the inspector.
- Addressed an issue with some plugin alliance VST3 plugins not working.
- Addressed issue with retaining positions of locked Fairlight plugin windows.
- Addressed an issue with EQ icon display on a track in the Fairlight page.
- Addressed an issue with B-Chain groups display in the Fairlight page.
- Addressed issue with updating the flag color selection in the Fairlight page.
- Addressed issues with multichannel audio output in Linux.
- Addressed an issue with project save after importing a Dolby Atmos master.
- Addressed an issue exporting to Pro Tools with handles.
- Addressed an issue with moving a power window after pasting attributes.
- Addressed an issue with the 3D keyer when compositing multiple layers.
- Addressed an issue with glow in the Resolve FX halation plugin.
- Addressed issues using power windows with Resolve FX face refinement.
- Addressed an issue with Canon cinema gamut in RCM.
- Addressed issues with positioning text for some Fusion titles.
- Addressed slow performance issues on some OpenCL Windows systems.
- Support for latest RED SDK.
- Addressed an issue with incorrect resolution display for Sony Raw clips.
- Addressed issues rendering some MXF files to Windows network storage.
- Addressed an issue with easyDCP composition name generator.
- Addressed issue with sync of media managed audio and video clips.
- Addressed a crash when rotating a power window with the advanced panel.
- Addressed startup crash on some systems using different locales.
- Addressed startup crash with old Intel graphics drivers on Windows.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware