Battlefield 2042 is opening up to special edition owners and EA Play Pro members on November 12, and AMD has pushed out a new driver just in time. Today’s Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.11.2 suite is recommended for players with graphics cards from the red team looking for optimal performance in the game.
According to AMD’s testing, the multiplayer shooter by DICE can run up to 14% better on the RX 6900 XT with this driver. Continuing the testing, performance boosts of up to 15% and 11% were seen on the 6800 XT and 6700 XT, respectively. In all instances Battlefield 2042 was running at 4K resolution utilizing the Ultra preset. No exact FPS numbers have been shared, unfortunately.
Keep in mind standard Edition owners of Battlefield 2042 will be able to jump into the game on Friday, November 19.
Being a game-specific release, the driver has no fixed issues listed. There are known issues to keep an eye out for though:
- During Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™ gameplay, some users may experience driver timeouts on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 5500 XT Graphics. A temporary workaround is to disable the Radeon™ Anti-Lag feature in Radeon™ Software.
- Some users may experience elevated disk space consumption by the Multimedia Athena Dumps folder.
- Visual artifacts may be observed while playing Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800M Graphics.
- While playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode, Radeon™ Software may become unresponsive when the user is in the lobby and attempts to open Radeon Software on the secondary display via the context menu. A temporary workaround is to press the Alt + R keyboard shortcut if this happens.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.11.2 driver is now available for Windows 10 and Windows 11 systems via the Radeon Settings app. The driver can be found in its Optional section. Standalone download links are listed on the official release notes page here.