With a brand-new operating system release and new games on the horizon, AMD has released a fresh graphics driver, Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.10.1, for owners of GPUs from the red team to bring in official support.
While the company added Windows 11 compatibility to its driver suite several releases ago, it was never listed on the driver as supported. Now, with the new Microsoft operating system officially launching, it’s all official.
Moving on to game optimizations, Far Cry 6 is gaining major performance benefits with this driver ahead of its October 7 release. 10%, 12%, and 13% FPS improvements were seen on 1080p ultra, 1440p medium, and 4K medium configurations, respectively. All benchmarks were running on an RX 6700 XT GPU with ray tracing being enabled on the 1080p and 1440p runs. AMD has not shared the exact frame rates this time.
The battle royale title PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is also seeing FPS gains, with an 11% performance increase being spotted when using DirectX 12 on a RX 6800 XT.
Meanwhile, official support for this week’s Battlefield 2042 open beta and Naraka: Bladepoint have also landed with this driver.
Fixed issues this time contains great news for RX 500 series GPU owners, as AMD has tracked down the driver timeout issue that occurred when gaming and playing a video stream at the same time. Here’s the full list:
- Playing Horizon Zero Dawn™ for an extended period may lead to driver timeouts or game crash on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing a game & streaming a video simultaneously on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 500 Series Graphics.
- Some users may experience high idle memory clock speed values when two or more monitors are connected to their system.
- Driver timeouts may be experienced while playing The Medium™ on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
- On full GPU load, Radeon™ Software may incorrectly display higher than actual GPU power consumption values.
- While playing Wreckfest™ or Arma™ 3, image corruption may be experienced when viewing foliage.
Here are the remaining known issues:
- Open Broadcaster Software™ may continue to run in the background after a user ends a recording session and closes the application.
- AMD Radeon™ Software may crash or become unresponsive while playing some DirectX® 11 games such as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.10.1 optional driver is now available on the Radeon Settings app on Windows 10 and Windows 11. Standalone download links are listed on the official release notes page here.