Microsoft recently launched a revamped Whiteboard app with a feature-set suited to the hybrid workplace lifestyle that it has been promoting for some time now. The new update basically morphed Whiteboard into a web app designed to make collaborative work easier. You can read about the update here.
However, it seems Microsoft’s efforts have not been taken well by the community as Whiteboard users appear to be complaining about a lot of options that have gone missing in the new version. On a Reddit thread that starts with a title beginning “Microsoft destroyed Microsoft Whiteboard“, the OP has highlighted some of the problems that they have encountered:
- Slower at times to load
- no window animations when maximizing/minimizing/closing (Windows10)
- No more Ruler functionality
- Eraser erases the page as a whole, not what is desired
Others have chimed in too with other issues they noticed:
- It wouldn’t let me paste an image, to paste text I have to choose text first.
- cant even loging to the app on android or windows… logging management its a mess (sic)
The thread is also massively upvoted with a 98% upvote rate indicating that people are mostly in agreement. To this, Senior Product Manager of Microsoft Whiteboard, Mathivathan Vhallatharasu, has responded with the following tweet:
Hence, the older Whiteboard should be back to its native Universal Windows Platform (UWP) form this week itself. The upcoming app will also fix an app crash that reads “Something went wrong”.